TOP 10 TIPS + TRICKS FOR YOUR WEDDING EVE
You + your closest just finished a special rehearsal meal and all is set to GO for the BIG DAY! So... what to do in the midst of wedding eve nerves, sleep reluctance, and the last hurrah with your girls before you walk to your beloved – not to worry, we’re here to give you our experienced words of wisdom on the best wedding eve tips + tricks.
1. Turn your phone on SILENT. At this point, no one should need to bother you. Say goodnight to your future hubby, tie up any loose ends, and then shut it down. This will help you focus on the NOW and better prepare a way for calm, collected thoughts throughout the next 12+ hours.
2. Take a bath with your favorite “sexy, yet relaxing” bath bomb, maybe adding a candle and saving the wine for the next day... normally, I would pour you a glass myself, but we don’t want the risk of headaches, puffiness, or increased anxiety. Looking for a local bath bomb that smells delicious, yet carries organic + healing properties? Check out Georgia over at Herban Roots -- I would seriously live in one of her bath bombs --https://herbanroots.org/collections/all/products/all-natural-bath-bombs
3. Now that you are all cleaned up + relaxed, spend some time alone with your vows and/or thoughts to really allow this whole experience to sink in + be remembered. We encourage you to write 3 special moments down about the night before.
4. Drink PLENTY of water… like, drinks some water and then drink some more water, and then, drink some more. This will give you that fresh morning glow and rid of any last-minute toxins.
5. Spend some downtime with your girls and/or whoever is staying with you the night before. Play a board game, have everyone go around and say something they're excited about for the big day, or wind down with a movie.
6. Night-time yoga! As a yoga instructor, I highly advise you to take 5-10 minutes and do a night time, relaxing yoga routine, that will leave you calm and ready to sleep. Link to a relaxing yoga routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7SN-d4qXx0
7. Check any bags and/or items you will be taking with you the next day. Double check that all necessary feminine products are packed, sticky boobs are in order, and - all though you will outshine Cinderella tomorrow - make sure no shoes are left behind!
8. Have your comfy clothes ready to put on – flip flops or slip on’s, easy going shirt, and comfy bottoms
9. DO YOU HAVE YOUR ID + WALLET? You do not want to be halfway to your hotel room the night-of and realize “OMG! We have to turn around!” Trust me on this one.. it is not fun.
10. Hit the hay at a decent hour. YES, it can be so hard to get some shuteye the night before... but there are ways to help with this... drink some sleepy tea, put on relaxing music or enjoy the silence, breathe in counts of 6, and you'll be sound asleep, dreaming of the big day in no time.
Prior to leaving the handsome groom, give him one last, meaningful smooch before you go separate ways – the morning-of can sometimes feel like an eternity without him.
Be sure to thank those who are present, for being by your side through this entire process. This will help with knowing you loved on those you may not have all the time for tomorrow.
Most of all - it is about you + your significant other. Keep your eyes focused on him and your day will be more than you could have ever dreamed of.